Tuesday 31 March 2015

Top Ten Reasons to Stay at The Bayside Bed and Breakfast - Part 1

#1
One of the best views on the Avalon Peninsula
As we're situated on the top of a hill, most times I can see cars driving into the lot, so I'm ready to greet our guests at the door. Once in awhile, they take so long to come in I wonder if they've lost their way or they've turned around and left! What's the reason? They are so taken by the view from our B&B that they'll stop and take pictures before they've even entered the door. I can't blame them. I live here and I still can't believe the beauty I see out my window every day.

#2
Beautiful Sunrises and Sunsets
Sunrise behind The Bayside









Sunset overlooking Bay Roberts





I just can't get over some of the colours that streak across the sky. I've been known to pull on my winter coat and rubber boots when it's cold just to get that perfect shot in the morning. Thank goodness we have no close neighbours that can watch me!
And at the other end of the day, I'll just jump in the car and stop alongside the road to drink in the evening beauty laid out on nature's canvas.
Speaking of  early morning sunrises, that leads us to....

#3
Breakfast- The most important meal of the day!
It's easy enough for me to see those early morning sunrises because I'm up extra early for my guests. There's nothing better than to wake up in the morning and smell something good going on in the kitchen and you'll find that here at The Bayside.




I love to bake and I have some favourites ( lemon-blueberry bread, best scones ever!, cracked-pepper cheese biscuits) plus I'm always adding to my repertoire. No one leaves hungry, but at the same time, this isn't your mom's house. You're allowed to leave some food on your plate ( but most don't!). I also serve a hot breakfast along with the fruit and baked goods. Chef's choice!

#4
A Good Night's Sleep
I had one guest tell me that I should include a crow bar in the rooms because then you could use it to pry yourself out of bed in the morning!
Egyptian cotton bedding, duvets, a pillow menu and a great mattress all combine for, hopefully, one of the best night's sleep you'll have in Newfoundland.
Grey River Room


Of course, it doesn't hurt that we're far enough away from any large city centre. Not isolated, but peaceful, just the way we like it.




#5
Business-Traveller Friendly
Some of our guests need to mix their pleasure with business. While work is the last thing on your mind when you step in the door, sometimes it's a necessary evil. We have excellent WiFi service with a copier/scanner/printer/fax machine available in our common area.

We also have a desktop computer available there for those travellers that need to check their itinerary or print off that report that needs to be submitted. It's been great to be able to offer this service and it's come in handy a number of times when there's been an unexpected monkey wrench thrown into a traveller's plans.

So, that's the top 5 reasons to stay at The Bayside Bed and Breakfast. 
Stay tuned for Part 2.

Online Availability and Reservations for The Bayside Bed and Breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Don't We Spice Things Up A Bit?

Here at The Bayside Bed and Breakfast, we love to cook! And that's any time of day. Breakfast is part of our name and all of our guest...