Friday 27 February 2015

I Have A Song In My Head

Ever had one of those days when there's just one song that keeps burrowing itself into your brain and you can't shake it?

I haven't been able to get Rod Stewart's 'Maggie May' out of my head since they announced yesterday that he'll be headlining an outdoor festival in St. John's on Confederation Hill on July 11th this summer. It will be an all day event for the ages of 19 and older. Sounds like a fantastic day. Concert promoters have also said that Blue Rodeo is part of the lineup. Hot diggity!

Now, will I be there? Sadly, not. I already have something booked for that weekend, and it's called 'Working'. The summer is a busy time around here and my top priority is looking after the guests at The Bayside. But Don't Cry For Me, Argentina (oh, no. Not another song.) I've already seen Blue Rodeo a few times when we lived in southern Ontario. I think it's compulsory to have gone to at least one Blue Rodeo concert in our lifetime. Saw them twice at Massey Hall in Toronto, and once at Hamilton Place in Hamilton. Had some great seats in Hamilton, so I'm satisfied that we got up close and personal enough. I haven't seen Rod Stewart, but I haven't ruled him out. Maybe some other time. Although I do have a friend that managed to touch him during one of his concerts. With her husband in tow. But that's another story...

If you won't be in the St. John's area at that time, there is the Salmon Festival in Grand-Falls Windsor that same weekend. No acts announced yet, but that's on the horizon. I've included a link at the bottom for the CBC site that gives you a little info on those events. Always a good idea to get your tickets in advance so you aren't disappointed. Otherwise, I will keep you up-to-date as soon as I get any new information.

For those of you that aren't on the island that weekend, there's always the George Street Festival at the end of the July, plus live music at other venues all summer long. Actually, George Street is a fun place to visit any time of year. There's always something going on there. But, more on that another time.

I now leave you with some pretty pictures. This little brook is located along the Veteran's Memorial Highway just outside of Carbonear. Every time we drive by it, I've always wanted to stop and take pictures, which we never do. Until last week. Of course, I need to stop along the highway in the winter to take a picture of some cold water, but that's just me and the way I think. Just look at the pictures and think peace and quiet. 

And stop humming Maggie May.                                 















CBC announcement of July 11th concert

The Bayside Bed and Breakfast Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Don't We Spice Things Up A Bit?

Here at The Bayside Bed and Breakfast, we love to cook! And that's any time of day. Breakfast is part of our name and all of our guest...